1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 30, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Last night was fun. Just hung out with one of my best friends and drank copious amounts of alcohol. The only thing that sucked was having to wake up at 8 am to move my car so I wouldn't get a ticket.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Early deadline got me to the bar at 9:30 p.m. Got hammered, nearly got in a brawl, my buddy spit on some dude and pushed him on the floor.

Actually had a designated driver. Came home and got lucky.

A pretty good night.

Oh, and got a sweet picture of my 'stache. A bit dark, but it's there.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Which reminds me. I guess MTV is officially dead. Passed by on a channel surf and who is the channel's New Year's musical entertainment? Miley Cyrus.
    Wouldn't have had a problem if it was ABC or Disney, but MTV?
    They used to have fantastic musical line-ups for New Years back in the day, a half-dozen of the best bands at the that time. Rap, metal, rock all on one bill. Kind of sad to see what it's become.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Drink some V8.

Good God was that a horrific one. No more red wine. Ever.

5. joe

joe Active Member

Baby bottles with the ounce markings on the side are GREAT for mixing the world's best margarita: Three parts fresh squeezed lime, three parts tequila, one part triple sec, one part agave nectar. Shake in a martini mixing thing. Run lime around rim of glass. Roll rim in kosher salt. Strain margarita into glass.

Never buy another shitty house margarita again.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'll give you that 'Amen' you're looking for.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

killjoys...

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Just a product of the system, man. If the country's Booze Czar ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Or you could get drunk, drink lots of water and not be hungover the next day.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Or you could just take two Advil or whatever when you finish drinking.

Done that a few times and didn't have a hangover.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I never get hangovers. And there are people on this board who can attest to how trashed I've been.

I'm a lucky girl.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Well that's easy when you don't wake up for two days. You sleep right through it.

Draft saved Draft deleted