1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year's Day bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 1, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Gator Bowl can shed the suck label for today. 21-17 Clemson not yet midway through the third quarter.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Joepa's Revenge !

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I will say: it is freaking HOT here in Pasadena. No shade in sight. See a lot of tailgate parties lagging right now (including ours.) Can't imagine the hangovers; luckily, we didn't have too much to drink.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

There aren't many better places in sports to be than in Pasadena at 2 p.m. on New Year's Day. I miss lots of things in SoCal, and that's one of them.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If any Penn Staters offer you a pierogi, eat one. Pennsylvania heaven.

6. dixiehack

As opposed to Athens on Labor Day weekend? Suck it up, man.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dammit, I thought the Rose Bowl started at 3 p.m. Now I have to kill another 40 minutes.

Let's go Trojans!

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Other than the two national title games in the BCS, I don't know the last time the Rose Bowl wasn't a 2 p.m. PST start.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I blame the Central time zone. It confuses me.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If there MUST be 34 bowl games --- don't get me started or you'll regret it --- why can't the schedule be such that the final games are on New Year's. Championship game should be New Year's night, around 8:30 Eastern.

These university bleeps want to talk about tradition? Now you have 6 bowl games AFTER New Year's, including such history-rich matchups as the GMAC Bowl, Liberty Bowl and International Bowl. Where's the bleepin tradition in that?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is easily the most I've watched of the Gator Bowl since it moved to New Year's Day.

12. dixiehack

sonuvabitch Clemson.

Draft saved Draft deleted