1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Yankee Stadium -- No Mojo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Looking at Stub Hub at sampling of games you can get great tickets for much less than face.

For example you can get seats that have a face of $325 for $200 - row 15 behind home plate for the A's next week.

Anyone who bought the seats for $325 and above that planned on selling at a profit is going to get scalped other than Met and Red Sox games.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I don't have a problem with the Jackie Robinson tribute at Citi Field, if only because it does tie back heavily to the city's National League history.

Remember, too, that the Baltimore Orioles make a huge deal out of Babe Ruth, even though the guy never played there. Several minor league parks do this too, but that might be comparing apples and oranges.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I wouldn't have an issue with the Wilpon's Jackie Robinson fetish if they better appreciated the team they actually own. I don't think Fred could name more than 10 Mets who played before 1980, and what is worse is that he doesn't see that as a problem.

He should have sold the Mets and bought the Dodgers when they were for sale.

By the way, while Jackie Robinson was a great player who overcame huge obstacles, he didn't cure cancer or create world peace. The tributes are way over the top. Larry Doby who?

4. Boom_70

Today's game a lot of the high priced seats from 1b to 3b are empty while rest of stadium is pretty much filled. The YES network is doing their best to try and avoid embarrassing camera angles that show all the empty seats behind both dugouts.

Hopefully someone in the media will grab a few photos.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So is this a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-vs-WASHINGTON-NATIONALS-TICKETS-6-17_W0QQitemZ370175332714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Tickets_all_in_one?hash=item370175332714&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't think you can summarize the man as just "a great player who overcame huge obstacles", but I happen to agree that the ongoing tributes are starting to get a little weird. That may be about as popular a stance as being in favor of baby seal executions, but baseball has a very annoying habit of running good things into the ground and the Robinson stuff may be closing in on that, imo.

7. Boom_70

No - not a good deal . You can get seats right now for that game field level 23 rows from field - halfway between 1b and RF for $85 0r even better the bleachers for $15.
    I would much rather sit in bleachers than upper deck.

You can use the rest on food and walk around the stadium watching wherever you want.

If that is the game you want I would wait. Prices will come down.

Don't use E-bay - much better inventory on Stub Hub

8. KP

KP Active Member

This is embarrassing the number of empty seats.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I mentioned the same thing on the first BB thread. All these years I thought it was the Dodgers that broke the color barrier. Turns out it was the Mets.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Right. It's just too bad they couldn't give him the right (left) glove.

11. Boom_70

Dam that's funny.

The Met's have also been in the forefront of hiring the handicapped. Mr Met is a shining example.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Michael Kay's head is much bigger than Mr. Met's.

Draft saved Draft deleted