1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Yankee Stadium -- No Mojo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Look up Shawmut Center, Fleetcenter, TD BankNorth Garden.....just a horrible building. I really miss indoor facilities that had character.....now they're all the same.

The Boston Garden opened in 1928, there was obstructed view seats.....but a 1 ft. beam wasn't that obstructive! Let's say there was 18 beams holding up the balcony, I'm sure today it's possible to build a similar setup with only 8 beams, I'd prefer a little obstructed view instead of the disaster we now have.

But, I'm happy to hear the new Yankee stadium has no mojo.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agreed - next week will be the test. I've been watching stub hub to see if pricing starts to drop in luxury seats.

3. Boom_70

That's a good comparison, I loved the old Garden.

Used to sit up in the area that was affectionately known as "The Heaven" - the cheap seats.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Will seats open up? I looked up Wednesday/Thursday games against the Nats in June and couldn't even find a single!

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's terrible. Maybe the Yankees will have a losing season now.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Moddy, Dunno about the new policy with the new stadium, but they used to hold back quite a lot of tickets until closer to games. I would keep checking.

7. Boom_70

If they do it won't be until game gets closer. Anyone selling will hold out as long as they can.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Well, I watched it on MLB Network, and by the time Bob Costas was done slobbering all over the Yankees and the new stadium, I was in full mid-season Yankee-hate mode. Thanks, Bob!

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Pray for Mojo.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Man, I love Mojo Jojo.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Yankees totally flubbed this monstrosity.

The outfield seats are a fucking travesty.

Draft saved Draft deleted