1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Yankee Stadium ...Fail!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I used to snag obstructed view seats at the Boston Garden. You could get them for $10 and then head all the way to rafters and watch the Bruins from the SRO area, usually the corner concession stands.

That was the way to watch the game.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I have fond memories of sitting up in "the heaven" watching the Dave Cowens era Celtics

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

boomer?

4. Boom.

5. Moderator1

Yeah, I know.
    I've just never know him to be called boomer before. We have another member with boomer in the name.
    But I'm not an inner circle type! So whaddafuck do I know?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Rhetorical, right?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My Yankees fan best friend and I sat in those seats for a Subway Series game in 2005. Kaz Matsui bunted home the game winning run and my pal had to hear my mouth for the rest of the day.

Good times. Great memories.

Love those seats.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Moderator1

How the fuck do you actually sit there? You straddle the pole? You have to pay to sit there?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Put my size 13s on the pole while fidgeting to see what was going on. Better to sit there than the godforsaken upper deck. At Shea, if you're in the upper deck, you can make good money landing planes at LaGuardia.

As for the seat, didn't have to pay. My Yankee fan friend had a friend who had season ducats at Shea. She had extras for that game and asked my buddy if he knew anyone who wanted to go. He couldn't say yes fast enough.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So...she owns that seat all season?

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Was "caterer Ardoene" the 19th-century predecessor of Aramark?

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Nope. She owns (owns uh...owns uh...) field box seats maybe five rows behind the visiting dugout. Caught a Twins-Mets game (I think) from those seats.

From what I remember, my friend said that his friend was allowed to buy extra ducats for the Subway Series because she was (and I think still is) a season ticket holder.

Draft saved Draft deleted