1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Yahoo! CEO is 37 ... and pregnant!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Gotcha!

;)

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Actually, even of you telecommute you will still need to find full time child are. That is what we are running into. My wife telecommutes and it is stipulated in her contract that she has to find child care.

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

As to why she made the move, the linked article says "Mayer insists she was "very happy at Google" and "coming into my own" even though Larry Page, after he assumed the Google CEO job from Eric Schmidt last year, slid Mayer out of the CEO's inner circle."

There are a number of women at my company who are VPs and run business segments with huge revenues/assets/employees - jobs that are as big as CEO jobs at many other companies due to the size of our business segments. The PR people used to do articles on these women for our homepage - it seemed like every one of them, in addition to running business, had just completed their 5th marathon, writing a best selling novel, and had recently given birth to twins in a field. But the bottom line was that every one of them made boatloads of money so were able to pay other people to do much of what the vast majority of the female employees have to take care of every day. Not saying these aren't truly accomplished women, but its not like we could really relate to their daily lives.

(I have no children so I enjoyed reading the pr stuff for the pure humor value.)

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Back to this very good point -- the baby talk has replaced discussion of something slightly more significant, the matter of whether Yahoo! is even viable or salvageable as a company anymore.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Agreed.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This theory certainly has legs.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Will she say YAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! as she's giving birth?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The hell you say! She's a solid SJ 6.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Another thread where we make ourselves into a joke. Some of you guys are pretty clueless.

Back to the original post, didn't disclose what to the board? That's she's expecting? She doesn't have to disclose it. And you can't ask.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, OP says she DID disclose it.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Reading comprehension not my strong suit today, so my bad.

My other point still stands.

Draft saved Draft deleted