1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new tv ?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 16, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

as i've noted here several times, i'm surrounded by a community chock-full of incredible friends, indeed. :D 8) :D

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

How expensive are these professionals?

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

$275-$375.

The settings they adjust can only be accessed through the TV's service menu. And if a customer fiddles with those settings, it usually invalidates the warranty.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I'm coming up on year two with my 50-inch Panasonic plasma.
    I love it almost unnaturally.
    You have to get used to the fact that non-HD program is less clear, but it's a small price to pay for the beauty of that which comes in HD. I paid almost twice what they're charging these days to have my HD for an extra year.
    I got to see the Steelers win the Super Bowl on it, and the World Cup. It was worth it.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

figured i'd bump this up, knowing how folks eagerly awaited the report:

the tv came last wednesday. the hdtv box was installed today.

WOW. what a difference! all the channels look great. but the mets-pirates just came on, the first chance to watch a sports event. WOW!!! ;D ;D ;D

can't wait until football season!!! 8) 8) 8)

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I feel the same way... how poor are the analog channels -- usually like 2-through-99?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

the pictures on all channels are amazing. even the sound, which seemed awfully tinny with the old cable box, is vastly improved. :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sound is great on my visio and the HD stations are wonderful (but Charter doesnt have enough of them... but analog stations suck

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Twoback, I just got the same TV -- my first experience with HD. I'll watch anything as long as it's in HD. Hell, I even watch the interviews on Jeopardy now because I love the way that the colors look.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Damn, a tv? Melock will be lucky if I pay for a lap dance for him tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted