1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New TV shows - Fall 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Sep 24, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

But ... not everyone is "underplayed" in real life. Some people are over the top. She's a perfect example of someone who would be.

2. jps

jps Active Member

in a sign of the lean times, we've dropped cable recently ... probably will get it back here soon, maybe at the start of the year. so my dvr is pretty much a dust collector right now.

that said, I'm catching lots of shows I would have watched online, which is just about as easy as the dvr. that's where I've watched fringe, and have enjoyed it so far. I actually like usa's trio of psych, monk and burn notice, and those are online as well. I slowly catch up when I get 45 minutes free to watch an episode.

(hoping the office will be running on nbc, as tonight I'll be catching high school volleyball rather than seeing the start of the new season. one of my few don't-miss shows. ugh.)

what network is running the mentalist? seem to remember seeing the preview, but don't remember much about it.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Paula Marshall makes me feel all funny inside. But I'm not going watch her new show. Why spoil the memory from Californication?

Fringe has been good so far. I'm kinda getting into it.

Outtie, you need to read the avclub's review of the Knight Rider episode.
    Holy cats is it funny.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Haha....thank you, Jay. That was funny.

Here is the link:
    http://www.avclub.com/content/tvclub/other_shows/knight_rider_a

The review is as over-the-top as the show, but still very entertaining.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Holy shit, I lead an insular life.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They're not going to have "Do Not Disturb" to kick around anymore. Fox cancels sitcom after three episodes. Jerry O'Connell has become the new Robert Urich.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just got around to watching "The Mentalist," and I thought it was really good. Reminds me of "Life," which I encourage anyone who missed it last year to pick up when it starts again.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Much to my amazement, Jay Mohr's "Gary Unmarried" was very, very funny.

They need to move it to Monday nights immediately, where it is a great fit after "2 1/2 Men."

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10092008/news/columnists/a_time_warped_drama_132854.htm

I'm actually excited for Life on Mars tonight.

None of the new shows have popped any buttons for me, and some of the older ones (Heroes) is starting to fall flat.

When is Lost starting back up?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Lost isn't until January, I think.

I, too, have high hopes for Life on Mars. Some of the reviews are really glowing. The concept reminds me a bit of Journeyman, which I enjoyed but never stood a chance.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Life on Mars was sensational on BBC. I caught the whole series (and the follow up series Ashes to Ashes) through the help of the internets. There's a lot of room to put an American stamp on it.

I'm really excited to see how they handle it. Oh and if any of you love the music from that era, this show is going to be a real treat.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Perhaps its happened before, but I was intrigued that ABC, CBS and NBC all have shows set in Manhattan during the Wednesday 10 p.m. hour.

Draft saved Draft deleted