1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New TV shows - Fall 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love Mohr as a comedian. He's very good as an actor in the right parts (Action, Jerry Maguire)

Mohr playing a goofball dad? I don't see it.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I forgot about Raising The Bar. Mark Gosselar is doing a hell of a job on that show, an award-worthy turn.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hasn't Paula Marshall had a fair number of bombs as well?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Too many to name, which is too bad because I've always liked her.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The only good thing I have to say about "Californication" was her turn in bed.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She is the female Ted McGinley. I blame her for the quick death of Cupid. Well, it was her and the fact that the show was stupid -- a guy believes that he really is Cupid, stripped of his powers by the gods and placed on Earth to earn his way back to divinity. Even Jeremy Piven could not save that one, though he did keep me watching until it was cancelled.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I stumbled upon the new Knight Rider last night. I wasn't planning to watch it, but I happened to flip it on at the start of the episode. It's not great, but it was better than the movie/pilot from a few months back.

The car is cool. They have done more to develop a supporting cast and an ongoing storyline for the main characters than the original series did in its entire run. Deanna Russo is very hot (pun intended if you watched last night).

Those things are all important because I don't think Justin Bruening can carry a show. I'd never heard of him until I saw the movie, and if you watch him for a bit you will see why. It's almost enough to make you wish David Hasselhof was still young enough to get behind the wheel....almost.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd watch it with the Hoff. And I had the misfortune of catching Do Not Disturb and Til Death last night. Awful, awful, awful.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Do Not Disturb is famously bad.

Til Death had a little promise when they had the neighbors across the street last year. But they felt they had to tinker and just made it infinitely worse.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Isn't that kind of like predicting that the sun will rise?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I watched the Mohr show online because it got some decent reviews and I don't know if reviewers have lowered the bar, but the latest incarnation of the "Mom's dead, let's party" - type sitcom (See My Two Dads, Three and half Men, The Hogan Family) brings nothing new to the format. The show needed a hook besides the "dad is one of the kids" kind of thing we've seen in the past. The quality of the video was great, but the show wasn't fresh at all.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I like Sons of Anarchy although the Gemma character (aka Peg Bundy) is written way too over the top. If that was toned back a little I would give it higher marks.

I've also been watching True Blood. It's just OK, but one of those deals where I've watched the first two or three episodes so I guess I'll let it play out to see what happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted