1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Guys, the poll is a work in progress and your input is appreciated. [/big sexy]

What Whitlock neglects to mention, of course, is that he could give a shit what any of us has to say about his votes. He justs posts them because he knows it will drive the masses batshit crazy. We complain about the same teams every week and nothing changes.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In no particular order, teams that deserve a Top 25 mention ahead of Miami:

South Carolina
    BYU
    Pitt
    Washington State (5-3, but the losses were to Auburn, USC and Cal)
    Hawaii
    Tulsa

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

In front of Miami? Hell, most I-AA teams deserve a spot in front of Miami and they aren't even eligible.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Montana would kick Miami's ass! :D

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't know. How adept are they at swinging helmets? Well, at least Lex Hilliard could make like at FIU player and swing his crutch. :D

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hate you!

And I bet the Griz boys do as much coke as anybody at Miami.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I believe that's the definition of a troll.

Please don't feed him.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Aside from West Virginia, and Jason has explained his reasons there, and Miami (beats me, too), I don't see anything on this week's ballot that should inflame anyone. There are a few desultory argument-starters, but no red meat for the college football masses.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I go back to my post of last night: Tennessee is NOT worthy of being fifth, not after the way they struggled with an inept Alabama team.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Let's just wait and see what happens Nov. 2 when West Virginia plays Louisville - we'll see which is the contender and which is the pretender. Then one week later Rutgers and Louisville play. West Virginia and Rutgers play the final week of the season (Dec. 2). So two questions:
    1) If Rutgers is able to knock off Louisville and West Virginia and take the Big East title do they finish in the Top 10 in the final poll?
    2) If Rutgers knocks off both teams, takes the Big East title and gets the conference's automatic BCS bowl berth, how large an underdog will they be - 1 TD, 2 TDs, or 3 TDs?

11. Is it really necessary to cuss at me because I have a 2-loss Miami team at No. 22? I mean, seriously, is it really necessary to cuss?

I don't like Miami. Never have. I'm all for blasting The U every chance I get. But I try not to let personal feelings interfere with my opinions. Miami plays Ga. Tech, Va. Tech and Boston College in the next few weeks, the Canes will have plenty of opportunity to fall out of my poll. I watch a lot of Big 12 football. I just don't see teams like Texas A&M beating Miami. I could be wrong. I don't slot teams, so my approach is only my final vote counts. I can't watch every game and every team, so I do appreciate what is said on this board. I brought 2 or 3 biases into the voting. I liked W.Va and Rutgers a lot before the season. They were my "sleeper" teams. Powerhouse schools (Miami, USC, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Florida State, etc) have to lose their way out of my top 25. I'm more than willing to let that happen. It might happen to Miami this weekend. Might not. Trust me, I won't be crying if Ga. Tech kills Miami.

12. If Rutgers runs the table, they might crack my top 5.... I'd have to think about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted