1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new top 25, plenty to complain about.. but no way louisville can beat a sec team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 5, 2006.

1. tulsa is a big freaking mistake... my only excuse... drove from lincoln to kc and kc to st. louis for nebraska-missouri, chiefs-rams...and got the houston-tulsa scored flipped in my brain.... big screwup that will be corrected next week. damn.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think that while Louisville's defense didn't exactly look good against WV, the Mountaineers offense is better than most, maybe all, of the offenses in the SEC, and it would balance out of the two played.

I also think Louisville has a better offense than most in the SEC as well. It certainly appeared to be in their whipping of Kentucky.

On another tack, when or how did Georgia become so god-awful?

3. Zeek

Zeek Member

I'd stay out of Louisville if I was you, Whitlock. Any chance you can tell me how many Lousiville fans have sent you an email or a phone call?

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i agree with everything but the last sentence (well, actually i'd put the cocks among the teams that louisville would beat by at least 10)... um, i know west virginia won the game, trust me, i know, but it was 38-35 -- hardly an embarassment

and georgia got bad because mark richt doesn't like signing offensive linemen and hasn't hired a offensive coordinator

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Once again, and this pains me, where is BYU?

The BYU team that beat Tulsa by about 35 points?

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Weren't a lot of people saying last year that West Virginia couldn't beat an SEC team?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Um, is Florida still in the SEC East? There's one they wouldn't handily beat.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

HH, I can say with great confidence that I've seen the Gators as much as you, probably more.

UofL would consistently beat UF by at least 10 points. The Gators have had problems recently executing their passing game.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But from what I've seen of UL's defense, I'm not sure the Gators wouldn't have as much problems executing it.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Given the way UF struggled to eke out victories over vastly-overrated Tennessee and Georgia teams, I'm pretty certain the Gators would have as many problems executing it. Honestly, the SEC is way, way down this year and UF should be thankful for that.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

This is why college football is a joke.
    Note the message at the left.
    Louisville can't beat an SEC team? Well, West Virginia walked on the field with SEC champ Georgia -- in Georgia -- and blew them off the field in last year's Sugar Bowl.
    Jason, I'm a fan. I've probably spent 50 of my 2800 posts lauding and/or defending you. But surely you've got better things to do with your time than to vote in this ridiculous poll and debase yourself with such an absurd premise as Louisville -- with an unbeaten record and victories over bowl-bound Kentucky, Miami and West Virginia -- as No. 9 in the country. If they lose to Rutgers on Thursday, they go where they go. But if they win, that'll be four extremely solid wins to their credit and you'll still have them buried. A joke.

12. the ap story didn't run my entire quote.. and i'm not complaining. just stating. if louisville beats rutgers, i'll adjust my vote.

Draft saved Draft deleted