1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new top 25, plenty to complain about.. but no way louisville can beat a sec team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jason, I'm sorry. There's no way ranking Louisville like that after touting WVa. all year has a shred of consistency and intellectual honesty. It looks and smells like sour grapes. Maybe it isn't, but many miles away, that's the appearance.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

MICHIGAN IS CHARMIONS REMEMBR THAT YOU BIG FONEE AND TEXAS IS NOTHINGG AND TENNESE IS STIL TOO HI

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sportsbruh, is that you?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

MUAHAHAHAHA!!! Where has that silly bastard been?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: new top 25, plenty to complain about.. but no way louisville can beat a sec

hondo, did we just agree on something? :eek:

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

What if Louisville signed Jeff George, would that change things ?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't buy the Whitlock's-ego conspiracy theorists around here often, but you're just trolling for people to be pissed off with that.

Whatever blows your hair back.

8. beanpole

beanpole Member

BC-FBC--T25-College FB Poll
    Ohio State is unanimous No. 1 in AP poll; Louisville up to No. 3
    By RALPH D. RUSSO
    AP Sports Writer
    It's unanimous.
    Ohio State received all 65 first-place votes in The Associated Press Top 25 released Sunday to become the first unanimous No. 1 in three years.
    The last team to sweep the media panel voting was Oklahoma on Nov. 30, 2003, the week before the Sooners lost the Big 12 championship game to Kansas State.
    The Buckeyes have been top-ranked all season, and for the fourth straight week their Big Ten rival, Michigan, was No. 2.
    The Buckeyes and Wolverines had closer-than-expected wins Saturday. Ohio State won 17-10 at Illinois and Michigan held off Ball State 34-26.
    Louisville received its best ranking, moving up two spots to No. 3 after its 44-34 victory over West Virginia on Thursday. The Mountaineers had been No. 3, but their first loss of the season dropped them seven spots to No. 10.
    No. 4 Texas was just three points behind unbeaten Louisville.
    The Cardinals were ranked as high as No. 2 by five voters and as low as ninth by Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.
    "After watching the West Virginia-Louisville game Thursday night I was shocked at how poorly the defenses played," Whitlock said in an e-mail to the AP on Sunday. "I don't think either one of those teams would survive against the best teams in the SEC. So there are four SEC teams that I think are better than Louisville. I also think Ohio State, Texas, USC and Michigan are better than Louisville."

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Shit happens. I have a big problem with these SEC snobs, especially their short memories -- such as last year's bowl season with West Virginia beating George, Wisconsin beating Auburn, Missouri over South Carolina, etc.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The SEC might have good teams, but damn do they play some miserable games sometimes. Given that, why wouldn't Louisville have a chance to beat any of those Whitlock believes are better?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How does Tulsa still get a vote after being embarrassed by Cougar High? :eek:

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

God bless Whitlock, he walks his talk when it comes to his college football vote. Still waiting for Miami to reappear as the lone top 25 vote.

Draft saved Draft deleted