1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new top 25, plenty to complain about.. but no way louisville can beat a sec team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 5, 2006.

1. *1. Ohio State
    2. Texas
    3. Michigan
    4. USC
    5. Arkansas
    6. Auburn
    7. Florida
    8. LSU
    9. Louisville
    10. California
    11. Oklahoma
    12. Tennessee
    13. Notre Dame
    14. WVa.
    15. Rutgers
    16. Wisconsin
    17. Wake Forest
    18. Boise State
    19. Ga. Tech
    20. Va. Tech
    21. Boston College
    22. Maryland
    23. Oregon
    24. Nebraska
    25. Tulsa
    26. Miami

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I'm going to walk down the row at the Edward Jones Dome pressbox and voice my opinion (kidding).

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't like USC being in the top 5. I would put Michigan at number 2, but Texas is just as good so it really dosn't matter.

4. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Re: new top 25, plenty to complain about.. but no way louisville can beat a sec

Sorry JW...USC is not the fourth best team in the country.

That trifecta of games vs. Washington State, Washington and Arizona State was awful.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

So you had WVa as No. 2 all year and the undefeated team that kicks their ass gets to be No. 7...
    So you admit your Top 25 has been fraudulent since Day 1.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Good to see Miami holding onto it's No.26 spot. I would have thought they would drop to No.27 after last night...

7. Louisville could beat Tennessee and Arkansas, just for starters. And if nelson vapor-locks, they could get LSU, too.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

After that brawl, I would've dropped them to the Division 1AA

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Too easy: Louisville 59, Kentucky 28

And Kentucky's going bowling, in all likelihood.

UofL would handily beat anybody in the SEC East, and the SEC West is nothing to send missives to KCMO about either. The Cards could go undefeated against that group, as well.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Louisville beats the following SEC teams by double-digits: Miss. St., Ole Miss, Vandy, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky.
    It beats the following SEC teams by a touchdown: Arkansas, LSU and South Carolina.
    It's pick 'em against Florida and Auburn.

There isn't an SEC team Louisville can't defeat. Or did you guys miss Louisville hanging 44 last Thursday on the team that embarassed the SEC champions last year in the Sugar Bowl?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

And of course no Big East team could hang with Ohio State or Michigan...

So that means 3-7 Ball State must be better than Louyisville because they gave almighty Michigan a game...and we know Louisville is no match for UM or OSU

And Illinois, 2-8, 33-0 loser to RUTGERS (oooh, Big East team) could have beaten the invincible Buckeyes!

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

*1. Ohio State
    2. Texas

----/QUOTE

And here we are: We've played 10 weeks and settled nothing!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted