1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New top 25... Now that the Pac 10 agrees with me, anyone care to recant?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

Miami belongs nowhere near the top 25.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

I think USC, Auburn and Florida should be ahead of WVa.

3. Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

Is it so hard to comprehend that Oregon won the motherf*cking game? Calls, no calls; reviews or no reviews, Oregon still won the motherf*cking game. Guess what, when Oklahoma looks at their schedule, there will be a big "L" next to the Oregon game. Nothing can change that.

4. Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

i think oklahoma is better than oregon and nothing that transpired saturday changed my mind.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm with Gee and Christley. As Ari said on Entourage, in this world there are no asterisks, only scoreboards.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

WVU's still too high; Michigan needs to be in the top 5.

Never thought I'd see Rutgers sitting at No. 20...great story.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

On what grounds?
    --Oregon outgained Oklahoma by about 131 yards.
    --Oregon outpointed Oklahoma by one.
    --Each team's star running back averaged a little over 6 yards a carry.
    --Each team entered the game with a convincing victory and a win by a TD. Oregon's close win was against Fresno State. Oklahoma's was against UAB. Advantage, Oregon.
    --The conferences are comparable. Pac-10 has USC, a couple of decent teams and some question marks. Big 12 has Texas, a couple of decent teams and some question marks.

Again, lifetime achievement, a thing that would back up an assertion that the early-week polls are meaningless.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dooley, Oregon won because of the two worst fucking replay decisions ever made in all of football. They should have never even had the ball to begin with. Even Stevie Wonder knows that. Oklahoma's defense didn't do much to help, but their defense shouldn't have been on the field. That game was decided off the field as much as on it. I agree whole-heartedly with Jason on that game.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The result is the result. Oregon had the better of the stats. Oregon won. Oklahoma wasn't such great shakes entering the game, so it's not like they deserve any benefit of any doubt. Again, lifetime achievement, and perhaps the ole anti-Pac-10 bias against any school that is not USC

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dooley, did you watch the ending? I did, and the game was grand larceny. And I have zero interest in either of the conferences the schools represent.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Outpointed?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Please. Unless we want to change the standard for replays to "you know, I think he probably touched it" instead of "irrefutable evidence," the calls weren't that bad. There was never a shot from an angle where you could tell for sure. I think the onside kick was touched early, but I wouldn't change the call based on the replays I saw, either.

Fine work, Jason. You're making a great case that the media poll is every bit as worthless as the coaches poll.

Draft saved Draft deleted