1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New top 25... Now that the Pac 10 agrees with me, anyone care to recant?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 17, 2006.

1. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

But it didn't turn out that way.
    So I guess "we all" would have been wrong.
    I'm with Gee. If Team A beats Team B, and you ranked Team B ahead anyway because it was at Team A's place, why don't we just play all games on a neutral field?
    And if you're ranking teams on how the game should have ended had the ref's not screwed up, does that mean Miami was the national champion a couple years ago?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

Uh, Ducks didn't win.

They were appointed.

Cataract-affected Pac-10 refs . . .

3. joe

joe Active Member

Miami, 1-2. Not worthy, and I don't care if they played the Steelers and the Seahawks, 1-2 doesn't make the cut.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

You rank teams on who you think is best. At this point I would say Oklahoma is better than Oregon, regardless of what the refs think.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedba

Christ on a cracker, the call was reviewed and not overturned. Maybe if you hold your breaths and stamp your feets, the final result on the scoreboard will go away. This was no "fifth-down" travesty. Keep in mind that Oklahoma struggled to get past UAB at home. The Sooners don't deserve our inclination to play reality's omniscient narrator. And the FSU/Miami placements are lifetime achievement awards.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon ..."

JW, can you get a spot on one of those "original" commercials where it's a quiet meeting, and then you burst through some cubicles and stuff goes flying all over the place?

That would be cool.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So at 2-5, Miami wouldn't deserve a spot then?

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think every AP voter should -- as an absolute rule -- have to publish his/her ballot in their newspaper and on their paper's website for complete transparency.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedba

Or maybe Jason could give his readers the SportsJournalists.com link, even at the risk of bringing more Royals fans here.

10. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

We only kept Notre Dame in the Top 10 (at 10) because of two quality wins.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Actually, they do, sort of. The AP publishes every voter's ballot on a Web site that's listed on the bottom of the poll agate. I'll scare up the link if I can find it.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Michigan should be higher other than that, I got no beef.

Draft saved Draft deleted