1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New top 25... Now that the Pac 10 agrees with me, anyone care to recant?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Sep 17, 2006.

1. 1. Ohio State
    2. WVa.
    3. USC
    4. Auburn
    5. Florida
    6. Michigan
    7. LSU
    8. Texas
    9. Virginia Tech
    10. Tennessee
    11. Georgia
    12. Louisville
    13. Iowa
    14. Oklahoma
    15. Clemson
    16. Notre Dame
    17. Oregon
    18. Florida State
    19. Boston College
    20. Rutgers
    21. Miami
    22. TCU
    23. Boise State
    24. California
    25. Alabama

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

Wait. Florida barely beats Tennessee and moves to No. 5, while Michigan destroys Notre Dame and is sixth?

WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC?!

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedba

Boise State? They only beat Wyoming by 7.

4. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

Polls should be abolished or ignored.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Perhaps as a former Ann Arbor News guy, Whitlock still has that "don't-look-like-a-homer" thing going on.

Michigan is good. Michigan, USC, Auburn, Florida and LSU would all beat West Virginia.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jason, I don't care where the game was played. When Team A beats Team B, then Team A is better than Team B. Otherwise, what was the point of the damn game? I have no problem with your West Virginia fetish, but the Oklahoma-Oregon rankings, which you hyped in the thread title, must simply be an attempt to agitate this board.
    PS: It worked, too.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Which is why the polls should be abolished or ignored.

8. Re: New top 25.... Oklahoma moves ahead of Oregon in my poll...thanks for feedback

Not sure about having Va. Tech, Tennessee and LSU ahead of Georgia or Louisville. I'm not sold on Tennessee's offensive Renaissance, Tech's QB is unproven and LSU's offense is just not very good.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with Oklahoma being ranked ahead of Oregon. We all know how that game should have turned out. But why is Miami still on the list? I know they have played good teams, but that offense? Yuck.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Polls should start in October, at the earliest.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jason, I'm just curious, what would you like to see USC do before you'd put them ahead of WVU? Or are you just that high on WVU as it is? Honestly I'm just wondering. Slots 2-6 are all probably capable of beating each other, and most people agree that the Buckeyes are number one right now.

Oh and good for you putting Oklahoma ahead of Oregon.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Polls should start in October. But they don't, so thanks to JW for posting his on-line. It's a plus for credibility.

I'd disagree with two one-loss SEC teams being ranked in the top 10, but that's just me.

Draft saved Draft deleted