1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New study says sugar can be just as addictive as cocaine and heroin

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

High fructose corn syrup will be the death of western society.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I could really go for a bag of Doritos, but I'm trying to watch my weight. Does anyone have a bag of crack?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've made it a point to stay away from it, but it's hard unless you read every label.

4. KG

KG Active Member

If I'm PMSing and want something sugary, nothing can stand in my way of getting it. I will feel like I'm going to go nuts without it, then afterward, I actually feel like a sigh of relief come over me. It's like when I used to smoke and would be all frustrated. After those first couple of puffs, it was like, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Sugar doesn't do it for me, at all. Caffeine, on the other hand ... that's the one thing I can't break myself of.

KG - I understand what you say about nicotine/smoking. My college roommate was a smoker and was known for her "nic fits."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh great, just another thing the government's going to ban. It'll work as well as that Prohibition thing.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I have just one thing to say about sugar and its potential for being bad.. get in my belly! Preferably in the form of chocolate.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Carbs in general are addicting. For me, bread is tougher to fight off than sugar.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Hey, I found some pearls! No, wait, they're just my teeth. Well, I can still make a necklace out of 'em.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

God bless you, Mikey.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd be the Sugar Baron.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Wanna bet?

Draft saved Draft deleted