1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Stones song: "Plundered My Soul"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, May 6, 2010.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Am I a fan of that album? No, no I am not.

Listen to this to understand what I am saying:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Buck is referencing Before They Make Me Run from the Some Girls album. He played off one of the lyrics.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Machine Head

I know. I am responding to the point being made.

4. Bubbler

Bullshit to the nth degree.

Just because he isn't flailing Neil Peart-style over his drum kit doesn't mean he has negligible skills. The way he drives the beat is perfect for the Stones' music.

He adds in the right accents (a high hat here, a well-timed drum roll there) at the right time, but just isn't flashy about it.

5. Machine Head

The Stones have a new line of merchandise coming out.

Rather unique, or something. I don't know:

Universal’s merchandising arm, Bravado, is assembling an unprecedented collection of products tied to the Exile re-release that cuts across the entire economic strata, from $15 T-shirts to $500,000 jewel-encrusted belt buckles.

The signature piece: a 65-pound glossy wooden box packed with, among other goodies, the new CD, a 64-page clothbound photo album of Exile-era pictures taken by French photographer Dominique Tarle, a DVD containing excerpts from the documentary Stones in Exile, the infamous Cocksucker Blues (filmed during the Stones’ 1972 American tour), and Ladies and Gentlemen … The Rolling Stones, as well as three lithographs individually signed by either Mick Jagger, Keith Richards or Charlie Watts. All this—plus a T-shirt—can be yours for just $2,000. The first 200 boxes, containing a silver key chain designed by Goth jeweler Chrome Hearts, will sell for $2,500. An even smaller number of boxes, fashioned from ebony, will retail for $25,000.

Other Exile-themed artifacts include a pinball machine ($4,500), a metal roadie case ($500), a set of poker chips ($175), cuff links ($35), and lots and lots of T-shirts—some 60 different designs. Also in the works: a formal high-back chair ($1,000 to $1,500) and a pair of heels designed by rock ’n’ roll cobbler Terry de Havilland.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/05/exile-on-rodeo-drive-universal-begins-rolling-out-the-stones-gear.html

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Too bad he nuked. His math is challenged. And it's "oeuvre."

I'm sure his alter ego will be along soon enough.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Green Day tearing through "Rip This Joint" on Fallon:

8. Machine Head

Rip This Joint is a great song.

9. Bubbler

I'd get an Exile T-shirt, but they can suck on the rest of that shit.

10. Machine Head

Maybe they were doing some estate planning and thought they needed to beef things up a little.

11. Bubbler

Clearly. They love the almighty buck.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

How much money does a person need? This is pathetic.
    Well, not as pathetic as somebody shelling out $25k for an ebony box full of Rolling Stones glass beads and trinkets.

Had classic rock station on in the truck yesterday. DJ was talking about the 'Exile' re-release as a lead-in for 'Start Me up.'
    And I wondered: Why not play something from 'Exile'?

Draft saved Draft deleted