1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Sports Chants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ddavis1192, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

An alarming trend I've noticed recently, whether it's college games on TV or high school student sections in our area, is a group singing of the main riff to "Seven Nation Army." This needs to stop.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The alarming trend that I've noticed is that every high school and community college I cover has a group of four or five douchenozzles (plus some random girl. Always exactly one for some reason, no more or less) who think they are the Crazies.

If there are a lot of you and it's clever, it's pretty cool and funny.

If there's a few of you and you aren't, it's just excruciating. STFU.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I can't believe this thread is destined for at least three pages.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The first time I heard this was at the Miami @ Ohio State football game this past year.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Texas A&M student section taunting an African-American assistant coach from the visiting team:

"Sit down, bus driver!"

6. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

I remember going to a Beanpot game this year, and it was between Boston College (a Catholic school) and Boston University. The BU goalie gave up an easy goal, and you could hear the BC fan section chanting: "Jesus Loves You!" at the goalie.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Many moons ago at a high school girls game, as a plain-looking girl prepared to shoot a free throw:

"Two, four, six, nine... look at the dike at the line!"

Fortunately, the home team's head coach asked the referees to hold the action after her free throw barely grazed iron and grabbed the PA mic. He threatened if he heard anything like that again, he was asking the referees to call a technical foul -- on his team.

Pretty classy.

8. thesnowman

thesnowman Member

Wasn't so long ago the fine folks at Pepsi were trying to coerce us all into chanting "Eh! Oh! Canada go!" during world junior hockey games. #Epicfail would be an epic understatement.

----------
    http://saskawhat.wordpress.com

Draft saved Draft deleted