1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Sports Chants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ddavis1192, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Duke usually has the best ones. Have they come up with any good ones lately?

2. Mizzougrad96

I was covering a hoops game several years ago at a conference tournament. One of the star players was a bit of a pretty boy and had long hair.

The opposing fans were chanting "(Player) is a faggot."

Then the player's drop-dead gorgeous girlfriend stood up and that team's fans started chanting, "That's his girlfriend."

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Shit, piss, butt fuck
    Gobble
    Nibble
    Chew
    We're the mighty Matadors
    Who the fuck are you?

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Public school fans yelling all kind of nasty stuff to fans of private Christian school, which was winning. Christian school fans, when it was clear which way the game was going to go, started chaning, "drive home safe-ly clap clap clapclapclap." Made me smile.

5. Mizzougrad96

That's awesome.

6. ddavis1192

ddavis1192 New Member

Ya the Game before we were playing SLUH which is another Private school and well i don't if any of you know what chirping is but thats what we were doing. Well while u chirp you don't always use correct grammer so at the game they came out chanting, "Hooked on Phonix, Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap." So in return we started chanting, "Daddy's Princess, Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap."

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self-awareness.

8. Mizzougrad96

I remember watching a Duke-NC State game years back and the Crazies were chanting, "We're smart, you're dumb."

It's awful, but I laughed.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wow. Guess I'll have to cut junior a break; he is a state charmion after all.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"We're NOT rapists ... clapclap, clapclapclap"

12. prhack

prhack Member

Another public vs. private from Novelist's neck of the woods:

Public school: We don't recruit! We don't recruit!

Private School: We do! We do!

Same event:

Public school (referencing recent drug arrest at private school): L-S-D! L-S-D!

Private school (referencing recent disease outbreak at public school: Me-nin-gi-tis ... clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!

Good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted