1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New SJ Owner

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 5, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, are we a smaller forum that you intend to test changes that you plan on implementing over there?

2. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Nope. I haven't even thought about it actually--they're very different communities.

Once I finish cleaning up spam, and dealing with ads/forum software migration, there's not a much left that I plan to do around here. Probably setup an email newsletter that surfaces the most interesting threads to inactive users to try and get them to return, basic stuff like that.

I purchased SJ because an acquaintance who knew I run websites approached me and asked if I was interested in buying this site. I'd never heard of it before, but I took a look--community is solid, a moderation team that looked like I could support, and a topic that was somewhat personally interesting--so made an offer that made sense from a business perspective and was able to close the deal.

As I said from the beginning, this site runs pretty well, and I don't plan to change a whole lot here other than:
    1) swap forum software
    2) no NSFW images
    3) enforce the no personal attacks/bickering/trolling by being faster to ban than might have happened in the past.
    See more about my banning policies here: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3854042/

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Gotta ask to the wider audience, what is so concerning about new ownership? The cynicism is bubbling below the surface.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I hear the Poin Files are under attack. Say it ain't so!

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I would hope not. It's one of the few threads that virtually everyone can agree on, with the exception of "6 or no 6?"

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If the Poin Files is outlawed, the terrorists have won.

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Outlawing the Poin Files would be the New Coke moment for this board.

Ignatius_J._Reilly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted