1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New SJ Dynasty Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 2, 2019.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If anyone needs another league, I'd be happy start an SJ Dynasty League. Most of us have been on this site bitching at each other for years, so I figure a dynasty league fits our personalities. If we can get to 10 teams, I'll create the league, though I'd love to have 12. I'd suggest a $50 buy-in, but I don't want that to deter anyone, so we can discuss.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

When you say dynasty do you mean the whole team is kept?

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm in if it's no money. I won't abandon my team after a week, if that's the concern.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I mean we play with a salary cap and player salaries rise every season by 150 percent ($10 player in 2019 costs $15 in 2020). You can keep as many or as few players as you like as long as you remain under the cap.

I'd prefer an auction-style, head-to-head league because I think it works best for a dynasty league, but I'm open to anything other than roto.

If we have enough people interested, I'd like it to be a $25 buy-in, just to keep people involved. Particularly with a dynasty league, I think having real stakes gives people incentive to keep up with it and really try to build a team.

Draft saved Draft deleted