1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New SI.com look

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by subhead, Jan 29, 2007.

1. tommyp

tommyp Member

Also get rid of that small banner ad in the middle of the "ESPN News headlines" area.

2. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Was a yahoo guy because when you went to the front page, you didn't have to click to see all the scores from last night's NBA. Now, you have to scroll down a bit, which is annoying.

SI? I do like the tabs but yes, there are far too many ads. And what's with all the black?

Rarely do sportsline first. Maybe my cpu is getting old ... but Sportsline has always been a slow load for me.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

I wonder if Vista has played a part in all these recent .com redesigns?

4. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Am I missing it, or does the new SI.com not have a link to the magazine content? I coulda sworn you used to be able to click on a tab labled magazine right at the top of the page. Where did it go?

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

SI's change - I like it, but I wasn't unhappy with the old look.

ESPN's new Page 2 - It's a little too 'big' for me, too spread out.

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

It seems like ESPN takes the longest to load. Even at work on my G5, it still takes a few more seconds to see the whole page than say SI, Sportsline, or Yahoo.

I like the content on ESPN, but don't like the way it works.

7. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I'm pretty sure you're right. I think they're subtly removing the magazine from the web.

8. WSKY

WSKY Member

It has a click here to subscribe link at the top

9. John

John Well-Known Member

As a tennis fan, I like that it now has it's own tab on the front instead being lumped in with the More Sports tab.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's a great question. I hadn't even thought of that.

11. ned racine

ned racine Member

the one thing i hate about si that espn has is the ability to read stuff on a single page...i cant stand when i want to read something that is 7 pages i have to click next page all the time....

12. WSKY

WSKY Member

I hate that as well, I think they do it to increase their page views.

Draft saved Draft deleted