1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New shows from the fall season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 11, 2006.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Yeah, thank God MTV has blessed this football season with cloying, garbage subplots about teenage romance. H.S. football meets Laguna Beach, aka the death of culture in the modern world.

That head coach is a scary, meglomaniacal freak as well. Wow, does he look bad on that show.

He threatens to ruin everyone's college chances because they lose a game? What a child.

2. carrie

carrie Active Member

I've got the first two episodes of The Office I plan on watching in about twenty minutes. I think I'll follow those up with the first two episodes of Ugly Betty.

I'll report back.

3. fromdawntodesk

fromdawntodesk New Member

"Vanished" is here to stay.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Looks like the ol' laptop will be in full download force this season.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I went to my Tivo messages. All I had was one about changing the name of CBS news, and a bunch saying my info was running out (I only connect every week and a half or so).

Nothing about series premieres.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess your Tivo is telling you to get bent... :)

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've only seen "Studio 60" and "Standoff," and am pretty much hooked on both.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Anybody catch "Men in Trees" last night?

I figured it to be awful, given the lack of pub ABC has tossed out there for it, but it wasn't terrible. It definitely had that Sex in the City feel to it as you would expect, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

And the Standoff episode from last night was much, much better than the premiere. Ron Livingston had that unassuming smartass quality to him that made Office Space so good. If this show is going to stick around, he's going to have to do most of the heavy lifting. He did last night and it was very good.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Men In Trees seems to be Northern Exposure with a female twist.

Jericho is available now on Yahoo.

10. Mizzougrad96

Thought I'd revive this thread so we don't need a new one for every show... I've updated it with all of the ones I've seen...

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Good Lord, your tivo must be overflowing. I don't think even I could pay attention to that much television.

12. Mizzougrad96

There are several of them that I won't continue to watch...

Draft saved Draft deleted