1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New shows from the fall season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Heroes looks interesting. Though, I think it's more for the comic book junkies who wonder what their super power would be if they had one.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Check your Tivo messages... I found out by accident, but that's how I saw The Class and Shark...

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

:D

4. Mizzougrad96

She's the reason I own Road Trip... :)

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I got Studio 60 from Netflix ... outstanding pilot. Whitford and Perry have a Sports-Nighty rapport, with Perry delivering some very sweet lines.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does Heroes premier next Monday as well as Studio 60? The two new shows I'm going to give a try this fall and they both have debut against the Steelers' playing on MNF? I know the VCR will help me out with this, but damn I hate having to wait another day or two to see those shows.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

One question, Mizzou: How?

(Sorry. Asked and answered).

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Here's the new network lineups with premiere dates.

http://epguides.com/grid/fall.shtml

Tuesday is gonna be a bitch again, especially when The Shield returns. Speaking of the Shield, great, great season coming on that.

Friday Night Lights is pretty decent. Thankfully, they focus a good deal more on the relationships between the characters and a little less on football. At least from the first two episodes, that's what I got.

I haven't seen much of Heroes, but I've got a friend who has gone all the way through. It starts out great, but somewhere around mid-year, it starts to slide. Guy said there are simply too many characters to keep up with.

I liked Studio 60 the best. Although, I think "The Nine" might be right there. Should be another solid, solid hit for ABC.

Second tier: "Kidnapped," but it's close to a first-tier label. Good show. "Ugly Betty," also pretty good.

Really suck it up shows: Men in Trees. Justice. (Justice is so bad it's just painful. Really hate it for Victor Garber. Guy does his best, but it's not nearly enough.)

9. Mizzougrad96

I know it's supposed to be good, but I have no interest in Friday Night Lights...

Maybe it's because most of these supposed high schoolers all look like they're 25...

Plus, there's no way it's better than Two-a-days...

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Thank god for this post. I've seen about 10 minutes of this show, but it was the football star being ostracized at teh lunch table while his head cheerleader ex-gf glared at him from like three seats down after he "cheated" on her.

Tremendous fun.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Wife and I were watching this show and she said something about it being pretty cool to have your senior year in high school on a TV show. I agreed with her for a second, and then thought it over and asked, "You think? Remember back to the stupid shit you were concerned with in high school. Would you really like to have all that out there for the world to see and remember?"

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Jericho" debuts next Wednesday. I saw the trailers on the web and it looks like a cross between "Lost" and "One Tree Hill."

Jer-i-CHO! Jer-i-CHO!

Draft saved Draft deleted