1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New server on the way

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Well, we've managed to outgrow yet another server... good news is, we're making a switch before there are any major meltdowns, unlike in the past. As a result, there may be some minimal downtime either Friday or Saturday morning. The exact timing is uncertain, but if you visit the site and it's down, that's the likely reason.

I'd also like to sincerely thank all of the folks who have jumped on board as SJ Subscribers to help support the site. The server upgrade is a direct result of those subscriptions and I would encourage those who have not joined to please look into it.

Thanks,
    Webby

2. Lucas Wiseman

The server upgrade was delayed and will now take place very early Wednesday morning. Most of you will be sleeping when it happens, but if you have trouble accessing the site Wednesday morning, you'll know why. It will be a brief outage, nothing major.

3. Douglas

Douglas Member

Delayed due to hardware not cooperating. I hate computers, sometimes.

4. Lucas Wiseman

This is now scheduled to be completed tomorrow morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted