1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New running primaries thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 26, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Here, I'll play nice as requested.

I'm enjoying the current primary season immensely.

McCain ought to hurry up and pick a veep, though.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Of course, she's already a habitual liar, so does she have any credibility? Nope, and yet, has she changed stripes since her time as the White House Maid of Honor? Nope. Neither has her husband.

3. Meanwhile, back put here clear of the kudzu, boy, is this Not Smart.
    http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/03/in_letter_a_dozen_top_clinton.php

4. I'm just not that worried about McCain.

The majority of people are against the war, think it wasn't worth the cost, and want all the troops home immediately or within the next year. So how does backing the war benefit McCain?

Plus with the economy worsening, I just don't see how his foreign policy creds put him over the top.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You do realize she is actually helping your side now, right? And she is willing to sit down with people who despise her, people who have publicly attacked her family to do it.

I don't care what party she is in. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed when any candidate for the presidency sinks that low.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Her party cred swirls further down the toilet by the minute when she breaks bread with the cancers in question.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

And I'm not sure she's not damaging herself for her next Senate run as well.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why? That doesn't usually happen until the summer.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

RETURNING to the Senate is going to be embarassing enough, which is why she should snap up to VP slot if BO gets his arm twisted into actually having to offer it to the harpy.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which would be in 2012. She may not run for the Senate again.

If Obama wins the nomination but loses to McCain — horrifying as it is, those odds are a lot higher than they were a month ago — Hillary is in the catbird seat in the 2012 race.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not a chance. If Obama gets beat by McCain she will be viewed, and rightfully so, as the primary reason for his downfall.

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Dick Scaife sitting with Hillary Clinton had me rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. The Post-Gazette, on the website, with a photo of Hillary "taken outside the offices of the Tribune Review" also cracked me up. I guess he figured that Obama would get the support of the PG. I have heard through the grapevine that Dick Scaife has spent years and millions digging up stuff on Hillary should she get the nomination so for them to be in the same room is laughable.

Also, I heard something somewhere that Condi Rice is in the running as McCain's VP.

Discuss.

Draft saved Draft deleted