1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New running primaries thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 26, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess that's what bothers me about this, that she is willing to do something as blatant as this just to try to hurt Obama's chances not just in the primaries, but in the actual election.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Guess her saying that McCain was more trustworthy as a CIC than BO might be was the tipping point for all this? . . .

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

After the slash-and-burn that the Democtatic primary has become, will they be able to patch it together for the general election?

No matter the outcome, large blocks of Democrats are going to be pissed.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Obama gets the nomination he'll win the election despite Hillary's continued attempts to sabotage him. He is clearly the more popular and more deserving candidate and won't turn off near as many voters as Hillary will.

If Hillary gets the nomination McCain will destroy her in the general election and the DNC will be in ruins.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I could not believe she sat down with Scaife.
    To me, that proves it's Hail Mary time.

6. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Wait, I thought it was only the Obama-ites who were saying they wouldn't vote for the other Democrat.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/26/poll-democrats-ready-to-defect-to-mccain/

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure.

I do think that Obama will be the nominee. But the whole Rev. Wright thing is going to dog him. One of his military advisors is being portrayed as very anti-Israel. And the 3 a.m. phone call add works against Obama in the general election.
    That, and the number of people in the U.S. that don't want to see an activist black president, and I think it becomes more of a toss-up.

And that doesn't take into account anything that Clinton might throw out there in desparation before the convention.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

McCain rests and regathers, both money and resources, while these two duke it out attritionally. With no time for decompression or strategizing.

I don't like the looks of it. Europe sounds even better and better.

And better.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The problem for McCain is that at 3 a.m., 9 a.m., even 12 p.m., he apparently doesn't know which faction is causing what problem. Everyone is al qaeda, even if they're desperately fighting and executing those who even believe in some of the religious ideas al qaeda does.

al qaeda al qaeda al qaeda!!!! Even when they're not.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

McCain couldn't predict chickenshit hitting the ground.

At the very least, as we might ask, he'd be semi-presidential. For all his boils, he does project the gravitas, which we have been so, so in lacking. If millions thought Bush was electable just on the basis of down-home charm, then McCain is a shoo-in.

It's over. Before it started, as is often the case.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anybody think there is a double standard when it comes to campaigns, Dems are expected to "play nice" while Republicans can hit hard. That's the feeling I get reading and hearing most political coverage. I'm not saying its right or wrong, but it does seem to be a prism in which the campaigns are viewed. The result of course, is when Dems hit hard (perhaps below the belt) there is more outrage from the media. Just an opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted