1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New running primaries thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who knew NBC's Brian Williams loved dirt-track racing? He went waxed poetically about some track the Gallatin Speedway in Montana for like five minutes tonight after Jon Tester appeared on MSNBC.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I've heard him rave about NASCAR before, so it isn't totally surprising.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

IIRC, he was interviewed for the Dale Earnhardt Sr. SportsCentury episode

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This will be my last post on the primaries thread (NOW IS THE TIME for the general election thread), but I wanted to say what a great thread this was through its two incarnations, the back and forth, the insights from all sides and things that made me want to look into other candidate. I especially appreciated the post from the friend of the HRC staffer showing Hillary from a different perspective, great stuff. I'll look forward to further discussions on the race for the White House, but this thread was always a daily read.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I was just talking to my dad, who had an interesting theory.

My dad is a blue collar, union steelworker. Most of his co-workers vote Democrat, but he is so staunchly pro-life, that his voting order goes: pro-life D > pro-life R > pro-choice D > pro-choice R.

He said that with Reagan, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama, you can tell just by watching them that they are likeable guys. If you watched them with the TV muted, their facial expressions and body language all but invite you to like them, even if you vehemently disagree with what they are saying. McCain is almost the opposite. Because he has odd facial expressions -- his Joker grin in odd places -- and awkward body language -- as a result of his POW beatings -- you have to listen to him and what he says and THEN he can become likeable. Given the superficial nature of many independent voters, this will help Obama a ton.

6. You're not superficial, just afraid of commitment.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ha, fuck that. The GOP doesn't reflect my views, and the Dems are too embarrassing to deserve my support. So I vote for who I want.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Not to mention the Libertarian and Green candidates aren't exactly inspiring choices.

Draft saved Draft deleted