1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rules: You can't cheer against the Tar Heels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 13, 2009.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

The Blue Hose?

Possibly the worst nickname ever.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

You should have told her, "No, they don't. Don't kid yourself."

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

A few years ago, I was getting gas in The Region wearing my Packers' sweatshirt and some dumb ass Bears fan yells, "Hey Packer fan, go fuck yourself!" This, in front of my then 5-year-old daughter.

She asked me why that man was yelling at me. I just told her that's how Bears fans are. :D

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Better yet, "I see that North Carolina education has taken you a long way."

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I thought this was about a WWL edict for College Basketball Tonight.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Roy Williams, f-tard.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In her defense, maybe she was drunk.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Roy has been a dick this year. He got on fans for not coming to games to see lesser opponents. Now this, kicking a guy out who was on comp tickets. What a dick.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

WRAL caught up with the dude:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/6611583/

Says he's not pissed at Roy, understands, yadda, yadda, but that he's not happy that Steve Kirschner was telling the media he was "intoxicated" and belligerent and that's why they booted him. Also says he had moved from his seat to join some friends that had tickets for unused seats and wasn't in a place he wasn't supposed to be.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I thought it was tennis elbow from patting himself on the back.

12. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

For Roy's sake, I hope there is more to the story. Because this makes him look incredibly childish and stupid. Why is any coach -- especially the head coach -- interacting with a fan at all? Especially one that isn't doing anything bad. It would be one thing if this fan was making personal remarks about Roy or his family, but yelling for a player to miss a free throw? And if a fan deserves to be booted, let security do its own job coach, and you do your job. From what I can see in the story and the video, there was no reason for Roy to do what he did, and I hope this turns into a huge story with many blasting him for it. That would serve Roy right.

Draft saved Draft deleted