1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rules: You can't cheer against the Tar Heels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 13, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/video/6605651/

Roy Williams has fan removed for cheering for Presbyterian. Fan apparently doesn't say anything vulgar or use profanity. Roy then gives weak explanation.

People talk about the arrogance of Yankees and Cowboys and Lakers and Alabama fans. But I don't think people would get ejected in those home buildings for cheering for their team ... especially if it's a team with no chance at winning anyway.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Aprapos of nothing, the Presbyterian mascot:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What a little bitch.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

she's hot

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I did some Christmas shopping at a mall today and was wearing my Duke sweatshirt. As I was buying something, the cashier asked me if I was a Duke fan and I said yes. The woman, who was a Carolina fan, said "Duke sucks." Now mind you, I was giving this lady and her store my business. And she makes a comment like that while taking my money.

I should've told her to fuck off and give me my money back. I don't give a shit what she thinks of Duke but I thought that was a bit inappropriate to say to a paying customer of your store. Aren't you supposed to treat your customers with respect?

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did she say it in a mean-spirited way? Or as a fun jab?

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

in her defense.....Duke does suck. :)

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What you should have done is call the bleeping manager. That's bullshit on her part. But maybe Roy Williams shops there.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Does Roy Williams endorse Boar's Head?[/crossthreading]

10. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

That was the thing. Playful ribbing is one thing. If she said something like "oh we don't serve Duke fans here haha" I'd have laughed along with her. But after replying that yes, I'm a Duke fan, she just looked at me and said "Duke sucks." Didn't even laugh or smile. Then just went about her business ringing up my purchase. If some drunk guy tells me Duke sucks at a bar or something, whatever, no big deal. But call me crazy, but I'd never say something like that to a paying customer if I was running a store.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

maybe the cashier used to be a stripper, and she once performed at a Duke lacrosse party.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted