1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rules and how they relate to the Journalism topics only board

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

After some feedback from users, I feel some clarification is necessary in regards to our rules and guidelines for this site, which can be found here http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42952/

The Journalism topics only board is designed to be for SERIOUS AND PROFESSIONAL discussion of journalism topics. Without exception, threads are to remain on topic. If you wish to post something that is not on topic and does not relate to journalism, please take it to the appropriate board.

As we progress with following these new rules, I encourage you to consider the following when you are posting new threads or responding to current threads:

1. Am I contributing to the discussion?
    2. Does anyone really care about the thread I'm about to start?
    3. Is the subject line clear enough to describe exactly what the subject is (please refrain from subjects that say "Oh wow!" or "This is cool".. give some detail)
    4. Have I checked or searched to make sure the thread I am starting has not already been started by another user?

Please do not just copy stories from the wire or other web sites and post them as a thread without a comment from yourself. By offering your comments or insight it offers some substance and direction on the topic.

I think everyone gets the idea...

I hope this offers a little clarity to things.

If you have specific questions, you may ask them on this thread and I will try to answer them.

Z3lda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.