1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rules and how they relate to the Anything Goes board

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't see what the big deal is with these rules and the mods enforcing. I'm sure they'll use some common sense.

For example, if I pull a fun with the quote function in a good-natured way with IJAG, I'm sure I won't get whacked by the mods ... right?

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I SUPPORT THE NEW RULES.

(Yes, I am standing in a media room somewhere across the country yelling this).

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, you're definitely a broad. :)

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, and she's demonstrably hot, so ... !

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JDV for Moderator!!!

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I'd say those are the threads, politics especially, that result in more personal attacks per capita than anything on this board.

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Haven't been around the board a lot recently, but I'm glad I dropped by tonight before heading off to bed. Hadn't really heard about the new rules, although -- on the Anything Goes board -- it shouldn't be too bad.

While not all of are adults (most of us are, I'm sure), we are civilized people. Nobody's stealing wireless from his or her neighbor out in the jungle or down in the sewer.

And we are educated.

8. With all due respect to your grandmother, I think a much better statement would be: Well-brought-up people don't get upset when discussing religion or politics.
    Really, take those two clubs out of the bag, and what high-minded things CAN we discuss? Paris Hilton?

9. It's true. She is.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It was a different era.

You didn't discuss these things in polite company.

The only worse things you could ask someone was how much money they made and who they voted for.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wouldn't "Who'd you vote for" be encompassed by talking about politics?

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just wonder how the new rules will affect the Posters Of The Year balloting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.