1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New revenue stream - angry parents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are personally killing our medium.

thank you for nothing.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

outing alert. J&E is this guy: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/members/6450/

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I think I'll tell the parent to get on SportsJournalists.com and shoot Tom Petty a pm if she really wants an article done.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

tx must be in a different area. In one area, the officials were terrific, save one who thought he knew everything and stuck out even worse because most of the others were very good.

They were exceptional in discussing the scenarios, judgments, interpretations ... really a solid learning ground. And they knew when I was asking them questions, it was not on record, to put them on the spot.

I miss that place and those officials.

6. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Best day of the fall for me...
    City Christian A.D. calls to complain about lack of coverage for his program, which does not play football. He gets heated as I explain what we do to determine what gets covered (Football, football, football, football, football, random other thing). He accuses me of harboring prejudice for the Christian school. Now I'm heated.
    Me: Well, then why do my two children attend your lower (elementary) school?
    CCAD: Wha... why... oh... they do?
    Me: Yes, sir. Just started there in August.
    Call suddenly becomes friendly. Go figure.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

y'all laugh, but newspapers could do worse than micro-target their ads with content, like baseball telecasts do.
    The ABC County Conference roundup, presented by Ed's Hardware.
    Top performers of the day, brought to you by Hansen's Bakery
    Fantastic finish of the week, courtesy of Johnny's Auto Detailing.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

fixed

9. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

OK, fine. Here's the deal. Have your paper start a wiki, to let parents fans, etc. created their own h.s. stories on the website. And then when they all start ripping each other's edits, etc., you'll get more traffic and make more money.

10. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

fixed again

Draft saved Draft deleted