1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New revenue stream - angry parents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 23, 2008.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Poor, oppressed Christians.

2. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

I can't imagine being so pissed at someone that I felt compelled to donate $500 to that person's cause.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Is this the daughter's state championship trophy?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am so mad at Tom Petty, that I don't know whether to punch him in the face or send him $500.

5. My advice: Punch him in the face and send me the $500.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Can't think of much that bothers me more than when some group of overwhelming majority tries to play the victim of oppression. Sorry, doesn't work that way. Christians are allowed to be pissed off ... but not because they're Christian. Just like white people are allowed to be angry ... but not because they're white. Men are allowed to be angry ... but not because they're men. Rich people, too.

Sorry, you can't be oppressed when it's your group that has been doing most of the oppressing. And I say that as someone who is white and male and who was raised as a Christian.

Yes, the world might be treating you like shit, but it ain't because of that.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If I send you $5, will you give him a noogie?

8. Deal

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If they do that Inky won't get his Coke.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And I'm counting that as a yearly bonus!

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

can we start a fund to ensure that punch in the face?

12. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for the humorous posts on this thread. It's been one of those days, and I'm really happy to have a laugh...and I really want to see a copy of the ad.

Draft saved Draft deleted