1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New record

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jun 10, 2007.

1. bots?

if it was 3-to-1 guests?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes in the early morning, it will show something like "83 guests, 5 users online." Have never been able to figure that one out.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've seen that as well and wondered what "guests" are on SportsJournalists.com at that point. I can understand a bunch of guests getting on the site if something big in the sports world or after the last episode of The Sopranos, but I don't understand why there would be a bunch of guests online in the middle of the night.

Also, earlier I looked and it said 198 guests, 182 users and 1 hidden. What does that mean?

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oooh, I like the new feature that tells you how many people are viewing the specific board you are on and the specific thread you are on.
    Thanks Webby.

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

No problem... was just poking around and saw that feature. Decided to turn it on... I like it.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

i swallowed a bug...

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm liking the news fade in the little box under my name and stats.

I don't like it as a big, centered box on the main board page. Bumps it so I can't view "who's online" without scrolling down.

8. Must be a subscriber only feature ...

Never mind. I think I see what you're talking about ... part of it.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

What is the is this x number of users hidden?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The member hidden is nearly always Douglas. I don't know if Webby has that power or not. But it's usually Douglas, doing maintenance or research.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Thanks

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Interesting. I've always wondered what that meant. Now if someone would tell me what it means when a member is doing something that is "hidden or not for you to know about?"

Draft saved Draft deleted