1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rap feud - Eminem vs Nick Cannon. Who? Exactly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 13, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Some guy named Nick Cannon has taken offence to the Em-meister's recorded slagging of Nick and of Nick's wife, who happens to be Mariah Carey.

http://blog.inmusic.ca/inmusic/2009/05/nick-cannon-eminem-hates-black-people.html

Nick Cannon was dismayed to find, when Em's Relapse leaked onto the Internet, that he and his beloved wife had joined the ranks of the rapper's targets. On the track Bagpipes from Baghdad, Em calls Mariah a very nasty word and says "Nick Cannon you pr*ck, I wish you luck with the f**kin wh*re. Every minute there's a sucker born."

As you might recall, at one point Em (Marshall Mathers/Slim Shady) claimed to have dated Mariah but she denied it.

Nick accused Eminem, via his BLOG!, of having "disrespected and slanderized one of the world's most significantly influential artists, one of the most notable BLACK females of our time…" Which may or may not suggest he thinks Slim Shady is a racist for having insulted Mariah......I'm not really sure. I do know about Mariah's background, that's not the problem. I'm just having trouble with the "slanderized" and the "significantly influential" parts of what he wrote.

If that wasn't enough, Nick then declared that it was on like Donkey Kong:

"I'm taking full action on you Eminem. I don't know why no one has stood up to your b**ch a** yet. But I guess it's going to take a corny, wack rapping, boy toy from Nickelodeon to set you straight. And trust, I am going to be relentless. Even though I got a lot of other obligations and occupations, you are my new full time job "homey'! As a matter of fact I think you going to bring my wack rhymes out of retirement! That's right haters; you can thank Eminem because I'm going to start rapping again! LOL Just for him! And don't forget about the jokes! We coming at you hard body!! Non-stop on your Manic-depressive-Insecure-Maclovin-Nazi- Liza Minelli haircut havin-lookin a**!! [Pause] That's what I do all day B**ch!"

I have no idea if the asterisks are Nick's or not since, brave and "relentless" bad-ass that he is, he deleted the BLOG! post and it is no longer available even via The Googles cache.

You know, 'cause that's how they roll.

Anyway, enjoy the morning laugh and the shake of the head over the "please take me seriously" antics of yet another pseudo-celeb, more famous for who he's screwing than for anything he may have done on his own......I sure did. :D

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Okay, I've been enlightened in two ways. Apparently Nick Cannon may not in fact be a Tom Arnold-wannabe (ie. pathetically untalented guy who inexplicably latches onto uber-famous female star). I still really don't know who he is. Apparently he'll be the host of the next installment of "America's Got Talent," which really doesn't convince me that he's anybody. For all I know, he really is pathetically untalented - your thoughts??

Second, there's no question about it - Eminem is a racist. Nick Cannon says so. BET quotes more of his BLOG! entry thusly:

"Let's not forget about Eminem's amateur mixtape rants about calling African-Americans, 'ni***ers' and how he hates 'black b**ches'.......racist bigotry........Maybe I'm going to far, but I thought we got past the days where white men could spew vulgar obscenities at our beautiful queens and get away with it....Calling my wife a 'c**t' or a 'wh**e' is way worse than anything Don Imus could have said."

http://www.bet.com/Music/News/nickcannonhassomewordsforeminem_musicnews_5.11.htm

Um, yeah. Just so we're clear!

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Hilarious! I hope the president was awakened at 3 a.m. to deal with this one. Actually, I like Nick Cannon from Wild 'n Out and Stomp the Yard. I like Eminem, too.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When's Eminem's new CD come out? Or "drop" as the kids say?

5. I could kick the crap out of Eminem but I would never - never - get into a war of words with him. Suicide.

Double J, Nick Cannon kind of fell off my map but I always thought he was pretty good in Drumline, which is a pretty darn good movie with Orlando Jones (who has also fallen off my map.)

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's Nick Cannon? Isn't he like 25 or something? Damn, when did Mariah become a cradle-robber?

7. I dunno. I thought she was still married to her producer.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A week from yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Grassy ass.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm a 31-year-old white guy who's idea of rap is the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff ... and even I've heard of Nick Cannon.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Day nod uh.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Fuck Nick Cannon. [/davechapelle]

Draft saved Draft deleted