1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Puppy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Sep 5, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I've been fostering this puppy this week, and I'm thinking of adopting him. I haven't named him yet, because I didn't want to get too attached. Now that I'm seriously considering keeping him, I need a name. I thought I'd come here for some suggestions. Here's the handsome little boy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

My wife's family said they had a dog they call "dammit" because he would only listen when they said "Dammit, get away from the window" or "dammit, go to bed"

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He's such a cute puppy dog! [/inmybestdoggietalkvoice] :D

As for a name, is he gonna grow up to be big or not? Can't give a big dog a little dog name and vice versa.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

whatever you name him, enjoy. he's a beauty... :D :D :D

5. KG

KG Active Member

They think he'll be around 60 pounds. He's part lab, part hound, part whatever else is in there.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I suck at dog naming, actually. The two I have now (Casey and Ginger) were named by my former sister-in law.

I'd name him after something you like, and the more obscure, the better. That way, the name is an instant talking point.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

spot or whitey

8. KG

KG Active Member

I have two other dogs, Daisy and Travis. So far the only name I've come up with for this little boy is Levi.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Levi's too biblical and jeansy.

How about Duke?

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

He looks like a Robby to me.

11. Wenders

Wenders Active Member

He's absolutely friggin adorable!!!

And I wouldn't take naming advice from me. I named my dog Sassy....after the cat on Homeward Bound.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Rocky Balboa.

Either name will work on its own. Together, you've got a superstar dog.

Draft saved Draft deleted