1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Pearl Jam album out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

The first time I met Eddie Vedder I told him that the studio does not do justice to what PJ is capable of.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

That's a hell of a name drop.

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Pearl Jam has put together a one-hour radio program to raise awareness for Feeding America. Visit Pearl Jam Radio Takeover for details and stations.

4. Another mini tour (probably done with full world tours at this point) kicks off tomorrow at JazzFest in New Orleans?

Anyone else in SportsJournalists.com nation hitting any shows?

I'm heading to three: St. Louis, Columbus and Indy. Thought I might get a fourth in, but my wife's birthday took that out of play.

It's been more than six months since Backspacer came out, but this will be my first time hearing much of the new stuff. Well...I guess not really. Heard Got Some, The Fixer and Supersonic last August in Chicago and heard The End at Ryman for an Eddie solo show.

Oh well, whatever I do hear, I'm sure it will be good times...

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I'm seeing them Monday in KC. First time to see them in 10 years.

Listened to Backspacer yesterday for the first time in a long time.

6. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

I'll be at the St. Louis show. I went to one of the Chicago shows back in August. That was my first Pearl Jam concert and to be honest I only went because I was invited, but I have since listened to a lot of their stuff. I'm looking forward to this tour a lot more this time since I actually know some of the songs and history of the band other than what hit the radio waves.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Will be at the Indy show. Would love to be at Columbus but can't make it. Hoping, as always, to win the Ten Club lottery and get one of those first two rows.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'll be at Jazz Fest tomorrow/today to see them. I haven't listened to any of their stuff over the last 10 years or so, but I'm really looking forward to it.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I'll be in Hartford and Boston ... my 14th and 15th shows.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Last year's show in Hartford was awesome. Don't know why they are playing the XL center this year I think the Meadows has a larger capacity. still should be a good time.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I've been to the Meadows for two PJ shows .. the last one was 2006, and it was May and freezing as hell. I'm hoping for better weather this time around, but then again, it's indoors, so I guess it doesn't matter.

They moved the Boston shows from Great Woods to the Garden. I guess they just want to have arena shows these days.

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My son and his wife went yesterday, and he said they were excellent, although he said he was hoping for a Jeremy appearance, which didn't happen. My wife and I had planned to go, but we were short a man at the office this week and I had HS baseball playoffs. So we're going today to see Van Morrison and the Radiators. Have my rain gear ready to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted