1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Pearl Jam album out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

DIME has a BBC session recorded 8.19.09. They perform "The Fixer," "Got Some," and "The End." I really like the "The Fixer" live. "Got Some" sounds a bit weak which doesn't surprise me that much. I thought the Backspacer version sounded like the most overproduced song they've ever done.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=267882

And Huggy...you're not far off about "Johnny Guitar" probably taking ten minutes to write. Eddie talks in the interview about giving up on writing a song if it doesn't write itself quickly because he might miss a song that will write itself.

EDIT: Forgot to add the torrent link.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on what two concerts to download?

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Listened to it one time through. Enjoyable, though nothing really stood out.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Can't stop playing this record. Over and over and over again.

Doesn't help my cause that it's only 37 minutes long and (surprisingly for a PJ album) accessible as hell.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

People rave about that Philly show.

6. Dillon Panther

Dillon Panther New Member

Check out the Salt Lake City show from 9/28 when it's released. I was there, they put on an absolutely amazing show with an awesome set list. Good mix of old and new stuff with a ton of energy.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I never imagined that after 18 years Pearl Jam would put out a No. 1 album.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Why?

Every album they've ever made save Riot Act has made #1 or #2 on the charts.

10. Songbird

It's the 18-years-later thing. Not easy to hang around for 18 years and pump out new, creative, energetic, relevant music.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK.

Also, Ten, despite selling 10 million copies, never did hit #1 on the charts.

Nevermind was pretty firmly in that slot.

Now, if you want to talk about double takes, I did one when I heard one of the new songs over a Sportscenter montage the other morning.

12. Songbird

Yeah, Hannah Storm or Sage Steele made a point of mentioning Pearl Jam's music into the commercial.

Draft saved Draft deleted