1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Orleans Saints Bounty Program

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is a big deal but people shouldn't be shocked that it's going on.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Knocking out cold is far from "no biggie." Going after a knee can end a season. Trying to knock a guy out can cause brain damage and even kill.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hell, Jerry Glanville was pulling this crap with the Oilers back in the 1980s. Just ask Chuck Noll. (Well, if he was still speaking publicly).

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't understand how anyone is shocked. Wow. Just wow.

Of course it's a huge story and the punishment should be harsh but this a violent, violent game. It doesn't shock me one bit.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You guys need to get your wows straight. Wow, a bounty, vs wow, the league is all over this.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Versatile, the journalist, thinks this is a Big Fucking Story. Versatile, the NFL fan, shrugs.

7. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

So will the Patriots lose the Saints first round pick over this??

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Where do you see the word "not shocked" in my sentence? Don't put words in my mouth.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Can't remember if it was Don Banks or Pat Kirwan who tweeted there will be lawsuits over this. Ambulance-chasers already circling.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Current and former Redskins, including another assistant coach, admit to doing the same thing in DC with Williams.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Players should face suspensions too. None of that blaming it on the coaching staff. These guys are pros with as many as 25 years in the game, they know it was wrong.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't know if money was on the table when I played, but trying to inflict injury on your opponent's as old as Red Grange.

A newspaper story came out the week of a game saying our tailback had a left knee injury. We won the game handily, but the tailback showed me after the game his legs. His right leg was unmarred, but his left leg was black and blue from all the hits.

That's why I never to this day specify which leg an injury is to until the season is over. I had a goofball sports editor who strongly resembles McLovin (some of you know who I'm talking about) call me out on it and I told him how the cow ate the cabbage on that deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted