1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Orleans Saints Bounty Program

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Mar 2, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

CROSSBONE stickers!

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This guy plays in the NFL, doesn't he?

Chris Kluwe ‏ @ChrisWarcraft

Wow, I hadn't even seen the whole Saints Bountygate thing. Fuck all of you that participated in that with the intent to injure.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure the majority of opposing players are shocked by this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

With Obama care we should all be concerned. These injuries are costing the tax payers as well.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

sheesh, is there no nfl coach who won't sell his soul to the devil? i got to know sean payton a bit when he was the giants' qb coach/offensive coordinator and nice young asst. you couldn't ever hope to meet. plus i had a crush on his gorgeous wife.

he's been nothing but a scumbag during his time in n'awlins.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Barely.

Also, I'm sure all these players are just itching to come out and publicly support the bounties.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The story isn't whether it's shocking that there was a bounty on players; the story is that the league is chasing this down--and it's the Saints, who are generally considered a pretty clean program--and that someone is going to pay, bigtime.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If Donte Whitner was with The Saints he would have won the grand prize for the year.

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

It's a huge story, and Goodell is gonna open a can.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Goodell's punishment is going to make Spygate look like Steak and BJ Day.

11. Yup, the Saints will get slammed for this. Whoever mentioned Mickey Loomis, if he gets canned voluntarily by the Saints, I'd be very surprised. He's a big reason, along with Rita Benson, Sean Payton and Drew Brees, for the Saints' turnaround. I have a hard time seeing Benson dump him just for a scapegoat to mitigate the harsh penalties that are coming.

I'm from New Orleans, so I'm admittedly a little biased on this. Having said that, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Kinda funny actually that Jon Vilma is the leader of the defense. The cries were pretty loud after the Kurt Warner and Brett Favre demolitions, and even as a Saints fan I wondered a little bit. Those were just brutal poundings those guys took, with a couple shots very late in the play or after the whistle.

The Saints are past the point where they're in serious contention for a Super Bowl, though. This year was the last chance I thought they had with the gutting that's about to take place with some key players. I expect Brees to re-sign before the Monday deadline, but even then New Orleans is a somewhat cash-strapped team that is going to have to part ways with a few stars.

Throw this on top... Brees is going to have to earn every penny of that new contract.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Against the Bears, they knocked Gabe Carimi out for the year, injured Major Wright, gave Earl Bennett a severe chest injury and looked intent on killing Jay Cutler.

Draft saved Draft deleted