1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Orleans Saints Bounty Program

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Mar 2, 2012.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How does that save them? The league will make a huge example of the Saints to shut down the same bounties around the league. If anything, it will make it worse for the Saints.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Trying to think off the top of my head of any major injuries suffered by Saints opponents in recent years. The blind side block by Will Smith on Kurt Warner (which more or less ended his career) in the 2009 playoffs comes to mind.

Any others?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

As I said on the other thread, I don't see the big deal in the idea of bounties. However, it is against the rules, so a punishment is fair. And seeing as how all the rage is about concussions these days, shit's gonna get real for the Saints. This could get ugly.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Childress complained about dirty play in 2010, right?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes, and Adrian Peterson did this year.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/12/another_week_another_accusatio.html

So did Nate Washington of the Titans.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You really don't see a problem with a specific directive to injure another player?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

I mean, I'm not going to get worked up over it, no.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Can you understand why other people - like opposing players or the press - would get worked up over it?

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is outrageous. Boycott The Saints, Boycott The NFL.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm with Ryan Sonner. I get why people outside of football are worked up about it: Because it's something going on that seems, to the outside, reprehensible. But if a guy uses a legal hit to knock an opponent out of the game, then the NFL shouldn't worry about whether that guy gets a bounty payment from his teammates as much as why that hit is legal.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They should give out helmet stickers instead, like they do in HS and college.

12. JackReacher

1. I'd bet a lot of opposing players do it as well.
    2. The press gets worked up over everything.

Snooze.

Draft saved Draft deleted