1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Orleans freelancer ready to work

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Larry Holder, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Larry Holder

Larry Holder New Member

Here's another McClatchy castoff looking for work.

This is Larry Holder and I'm looking to get started freelancing in the New Orleans area after being laid off at the end of March. I'd also be available to work anywhere throughout Southeast Louisiana and the Mississippi Gulf Coast if needed.

I was the New Orleans Saints beat writer for the Biloxi Sun Herald for three years prior to being let go so I obviously have plenty of experience covering the NFL.

I also have plenty of experience covering just about anything imaginable before working for the Sun Herald - World Series, MLB All-Star Game, NBA, ATP Tour events, LSU athletics (during the early Nick Saban years), preps of every kind.

Clips and references are available upon request. Feel free to e-mail me at larryholder22@gmail.com or PM me here. Thanks and I look forward to working with any of you in the future.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Larry's good people.

Deserved a much, much better fate at previous employer.

That's all I got.

Give the guy a shot.

3. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Larry is one of the best around.

The Sun Herald's sports coverage is a joke without him.

4. adelosr1

adelosr1 New Member

HIRE. THIS. MAN.

5. Larry Holder

Larry Holder New Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys. There's still plenty of hardworking people at the Sun Herald like Jim Mashek and Don Hammack (a couple of SJ lurkers) but it's a really tough time over there and I feel like I've been done a favor considering the morale of the place these days.

Now let's get some work thrown at me people ;D

6. Larry Holder

Larry Holder New Member

Bump. Not letting myself leave the front page.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Larry's good people. I've worked with him over the years and he's a sharp guy even though he hates Reggie Bush. (just kidding NFL)

Seriously, Biloxi's loss should be your gain. He's a helluva writer.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Actually, Reggie is Larry's boy. Well, him and Goober D. Hayseed.

9. Larry Holder

Larry Holder New Member

With football season inching closer, I'll give myself a little bump.

I would be available for any and everything in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area and wouldn't be opposed to doing some work in Mississippi.

Just drop me a line.

Draft saved Draft deleted