1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"New" music?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by QYFW, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Really enjoying Chris Rea’s project ‘Hofner Blue Notes’ tonight. Had it for a while, finally cleaned it and put it on the turntable.

A nod to the 60s, surf guitar and such. I really like it on the first run through.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Adding to this, he’s had an arc. Pop to Blues.

I like “Road to Hell” that’s where I picked up on him.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I know there's a few Tedeschi-Trucks band fans on here.

They've been doing a great cover of Neil Young's "Alabama" ... check it out:

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Massive fan, they do loads of great covers in addition to their own stuff which is great too. One of the best live bands on the planet, wish they would come back to Canuckistan

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Playing in Chicago in a couple weeks. I know that because it was difficult walking by the theater on the way to/from our hotel and the El stops New Year's weekend due to knobs blocking the sidewalk taking stupid pictures in front of the marquee.

6. albert777

albert777 Active Member

Be-Bop Deluxe's Sunburst Finish is one of the most underappreciated great records of the 1970s. Every song kicks ass, and, yes, Bill Nelson could play.

7. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

This entire album is fantastic.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's a long way from new, but Little Feat was one of the best American bands of the 70's. "Waiting for Columbus" is a two record live set, and functionally a Best of Little Feat album.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My latest little musical obsession: Pomplamoose

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I saw Sloan the other night for the first time in decades and they opened with a new song I've been listening to since. It's catchy as hell, but I also like the turn in the lyrics. Nice little ache to it.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great band, one of Canuckistani's finest

Draft saved Draft deleted