1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mozilla CEO resigns over anti-gay views

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I will bet my life savings, which aren't much, but it's the thought that counts, that the DNC will never again appoint as its head someone who holds an anti-gay marriage stance. Promise you.

2. Dick Whitman

I would not eat there. Period. End of story.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, the view was ok in 2008, but anathema just six years later?

What was the cut-off date on getting on the right side of this issue?

And, what year did the CEO make his donation -- to a winning Proposition?

4. YankeeFan

Big deal. Two guys are running for re-election right now.

They will receive the full support of their party.

It's either a vile position, that can not be accepted, or it's not. Which is it?

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not even sure what you are talking about anymore. You still haven't answered my question, the central part of why I entered this discussion. Can you explain to me how one can be anti-gay marriage without being anti-gay?

As for party support, yes, i support the party that has fought to protect gay rights and equality. I do not support Pryor or Manchin's positions on the issue, but since I can not legally vote in Arkansas or West Virginia, my opinion on them is irrelevant.

The people I voted for all have given strong support to gay rights. My state legally allows gay marriage.

What sacrifice are you asking me to make, exactly?

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Don't make it seem like Obama was a rampant opponent of gay marriage in 2008.

He has a pretty lengthy record of flip-flopping on the issue depending on who he's talking to or what he's running for that predates his presidential run by a number of years.

7. Dick Whitman

I don't think it was OK, but I think it was considered more of a mainstream viewpoint then than now. People would revolt if a DNC chair who held an anti-gay marriage stance were appointed today. They would.

Go track down posts about the Rob Portman change of heart. I vigorously defended him.

8. YankeeFan

I'm sure you wouldn't. I'm just saying, it's no sacrifice to you.

It's about as hard as boycotting the number four web browser in North America.

On this huge issue, this is where we make our stand. We avoid a chicken sandwich, and declining web browser. That's not brave.

The women who fought for prohibition, abolition, and the right to vote were beaten, spit upon, had beer dumped on them. But, they took their fight to the streets, to the taverns, and to the people in power.

Now, apparently, we are fighting the good fight if we eat a McRib at our desk while surfing the web on Chrome.

Can I get a sticker to wear for this?

9. Dick Whitman

And yet these slinking cowards have completely won the war of public opinion on this, whether they've beared a cross to your satisfaction or not.

10. YankeeFan

I ate a Big Mac today, give me a medal.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Be brave, Dick. Join me in allowing YF to spit on us and other gay marriage supporters! Only then will we have sacrificed enough to atone for the sins of a senator from Arkansas!

12. YankeeFan

Excuse me for a moment, I have to go bomb an abortion clinic.

Draft saved Draft deleted