1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mozilla CEO resigns over anti-gay views

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 3, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is Joe Manchin's Plenty of Fish account still active?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Can you explain to me how someone can be anti-gay marriage without being anti-gay?

And if you don't believe the needle is moving toward my position that being anti gay marriage is akin to the opposition to interracial marriage 60 years ago then you aren't paying attention.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

YF, you're funny when you feign indignance upon finding out that politicians are full of shit.

4. YankeeFan

I know politicians are full of shit.

What I'd like to point out is that folks like bigpern are also full of shit, unless they swear of the Democrat party until folks like Pryor and Manchin are drummed out.

It's not so brave to boycott a product you don't use, while still voting for a party that includes Pryor and Manchin.

5. bigpern23

Wrong. If gay rights supporters don't support the Democratic Party, even if it isn't perfect, they will by default helping the Republican Party, which has an actively anti-gay agenda. So, no, I'm not full of shit by supporting that Party that has a much stronger record on gay rights and pretending otherwise is asinine.

And since I live in neither Arkansas nor West Virginia, I have no say in whether Pryor or Manchin represent those states.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's too easy to deflect by calling out GOP idiocy.

I vote blue most of the time but some of the truest blues I know are as ugly as the Tea's when it comes defending their party or attacking the other.

7. bigpern23

It's not deflection, it's fact. In the current political climate, you can support Republicans, Democrats or basically throw your vote away. So when I'm given a choice between the party that actively tries to deny gays their civil rights and the party that largely - if imperfectly - supports gay rights, I'm going to vote for the one that supports my position.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm not saying not to vote your party. I'm saying that for once I'd love to hear a true blue blast his own party for the kind of shit he blasts the GOP for. Just once. Dems (of which I am one) are so fucking scared to call out one of their own. Appease me. Once.

9. YankeeFan

Very brave Pern.

I'm sure Pryor and Manchin appreciate your support.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You can't be serious with this.

Today must be your first day on Earth if you think this is how political discourse works in 2014.

11. bigpern23

I'm not sure what you think I have to do with Pryor and Manchin. I can't vote for them, I can't vote them out of office.

My senators and representatives have strong records on gay rights and I'm proud to support them.

12. YankeeFan

Let's be honest, Pern would not support a party that had sitting Senators, in good standing, who were against a woman's right to vote, or who were against inter-racial marriage. He just wouldn't. That would be a step to far.

But, he will vote for a party in which Park Pryor and Joe Manchin are Senators in good standing, and will receive party support in their re-election bids.

Therefore, we can conclude that Pern doesn't really believe the issues to be equivalent.

Draft saved Draft deleted