1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mozilla CEO resigns over anti-gay views

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 3, 2014.

1. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Yeah, it does seem that some LGBT supporters are so feverish that a straight guy could rebuff another man's advances and he'd be called a bigot. As I said in my previous post, I'm a guilty of calling someone a bigot prematurely.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This nicely frames the important distinction between freedom of commerce and freedoms from governmental intervention:

1. Society shares the costs of government, therefore the government needs to be neutral towards all;
    2. Commerce however, a person should be free to choose with their pocketbook who they want to interact/spend money with

If you're selling a product, do you want to alienate anyone? Probably not smart to do so; especially for a ubiquitous product like Firefox.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm really proud of all the folks who will also be boycotting any website using JavaScript.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The beauty of it all is that they're completely unaware of the unintentional hilarity of this statement.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Should the title be "anti-gay" or "anti-gay marriage"?

Or is there a difference?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, I think YF was hinting up top that there is a difference.

But there isn't.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The freaking bill passed in CA. This should be like shooting fish in a barrel for the LBGTs.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"I have no problem with gays as long as they don't marry." = "I have no problem with Negroes as long as they don't marry white women."

No, there's no difference between anti-gay and anti-gay marriage. Either you believe gays are humans who deserve the same rights as the rest of us or you believe gays are not entitled to the same rights as heterosexuals. And the latter is anti-gay.

9. old_tony

Kind of telling that the only way some people can win the debate is if they set up the rules so that the other side isn't allowed to be heard.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, on another front ...

Kind of telling that the only way some people can win the debate election is if they set up the rules so that the other side isn't allowed to be heard vote.

11. old_tony

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The folks who are in favor of the Fairness Doctrine agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted