1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mizzou T-shirt creating controversy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Nov 14, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

More fucktardery from D1 football fans...par for the course.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

There might be more KU fans in KC, but there will be just as many Mizzou fans there.
    Like someone else said, there better be plenty of security, especially if Arrowhead truly does sell beer for the game.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Beer......oh yes.......there will be beer.

In which case.....

Blood.....oh yes......there will be blood.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Kansas 30, Kansas State 24
    Kansas 76, Nebraska 39

Kansas State should kill Nebraska. Oops ... Comparing scores for Kansas and Missouri means nothing.

Another KU/MU story: 1998 football game in Columbia was the last time the Kansas band went there. The dozens of empty whiskey bottles, full water bottles and other debris that hit the band members was too much.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Having lived in Oregon and experienced Oregon-Oregon State from the field (in Corvallis), I can tell you that Washington has nothing on that rivalry.

Now, should Washington actually win once in a while, I don't know. But even when both sucked, it was still Oregon-Oregon State in the Pacific Northwest.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

...and I expected so much more from them than that.

At least they were smart enough to drink the whiskey first.

Someone said if KU wins and MIZZ wins this weekend, GameDay will do their show from Arrowhead.

Good thing about it, better than even odds that Corso will be pummeled with something, no matter which mascot head he puts on.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Oregon Washington "rivalry" finally picked up when Oregon began to ascend and Washington was no longer good enough to consider USC a rival. It's kind of sad because Oregon used to get really excited about beating Washington because their fans were so arrogant ( I know, pot meet kettle) But U-Dub fans don't have as much to be arrogant about since slick Rick slithered out of town.
    I think the UO-OSU rivalry could use a spark. The home team has won each game for the last 10 years.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wasn't Mizzou the school that taunted Steve Kerr during his college playing days at Arizona with chants of "your dad is dead"?
    Kerr's dad was an ambassador in the middle East, who was killed by a car bomb, I think? Regardless, terrorists took his dad out, and Mizzou fans were gleeful about it.
    Stay classy Mizzou fans.
    Still, I'm looking to buy both shirts.
    History's cool.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The great thing, IMHO, about this heated battle at Arrowhead is that, finally, the Big 12, KU and Mizzou are getting some much-deserved national attention.

I mean, three teams ranked in the top 6!?

Not to mention the demise of the once mighty 'Huskers. And I see where a bunch of Nebraska recruits have changed their mind and are going to Columbia. Some pretty good ones, too.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No that would be Arizona State fans.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe the band, from a musical standpoint, really, really sucked.

12. Simon

Simon Active Member

So...uhh...I've seen this shirt NO WHERE on campus? I have seen the "Kansas--So easy a caveman could do it" shirt but not this one. Any one know where I can pick one up?

And John Brown...wasn't he the guy who killed pro-slavery settlers in Posawatamie? So then five years later they destroyed Lawrence? Also, didn't the attacks go both ways but Missouri always got the better of the battle with it being known as "bleeding Kansas"?

Draft saved Draft deleted