1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Mizzou T-shirt creating controversy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Nov 14, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I will pay cash money for one of the John Brown T-shirts.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I laughed.

(and I think this is the point where someone mentions that the 'Jayhawkers' weren't exactly angels either.)

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Are there 10 history students at Kansas who know what the hell the t-shirts mean?

4. What?
    I thought Quantrill sold the Raiders to Al Davis who moved them to California and started the AFL?

Weren't they later defeated by Clint Eastwood in a AFL playoff game?
    Or am I thinking of someone else?

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

As pictured, more smoldering than moldering.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I wish everything the Antlers did showed up on their resume for the rest of their life. I remember Nick Collison crying at senior day at Kansas about his grandfather fighting (and maybe dying?) in one of the wars when his plane went down. Next time KU played in Columbia, a sign read "PLANE CRASH"

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ah, college. Where good taste goes to die ...

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Dammit, I am ashamed of these T-shirts (though I did laugh a little bit.)

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

This just in.........KU-Missouri makes Auburn-Alabama.....Michigan-Ohio State look like a pillow fight.

Now....as long as KU can destroy those cock-sucking bastards from Columbia in two weeks, well then, Missouri will have fun playing Alabama in the Alamo Bowl.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hey, anything that gets college kids interested in 19th-century American history is fine by me.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ah, you'd be wrong about that, because in almost every year of the meeting, no one outside of those two states (Kansas and Missouri) give a rat's ass about the outcome. There are many more years in which Ohio State-Michigan and Alababa-Auburn are of interest beyond the region.

Tell me: when was the last time a Kansas-Missouri game carried event the remotest implications for anything?

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm with you dude. In the end, the t-shirt was funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted